This Christmas craft is made from seashells that you can pick up on the beach. These lovely little seashells make very pretty Christmas ornaments.
The great thing about this craft is that you can use any kind of seashell. We have a lot of clam shells on our beach and they work out just fine.
The sand dollars that you can find make beautiful Christmas ornaments. You can leave them just natural with a coat of sealer on them or you can paint them. They are very pretty when you paint them silver or gold.
Whatever kind of seashell you use will work and look just great. Use any color you want on them. I really love the silver and gold colors because they go with my decor the best.
Supplies You Will Need For This Christmas Craft
- Assorted seashells
- Gold acrylic paint or spray paint (or color of your choice)
- 8” length of satin ribbon for each ornament
- Artificial greens and berries
- Hot glue gun
Directions For Making These Seashell Ornaments
- Paint the shells gold and allow them to dry. Spray paint works great but you can use acrylic paint and apply with a brush. I like to use spray paint because I get better coverage and it only takes one coat.
- Glue greens and berries in the opening of each shell. Arrange them to suit yourself. You can also use small pine cones in the arrangement.
- Fold the 8” length of ribbon in half and knot the ends. Glue it in place on the shell for a hanging loop. If you are not going to hang them you can just make a bow with the ribbon and glue it on the top. They are so pretty by themselves that you don’t even need a ribbon on them if you don’t want one.
These little Christmas ornaments can also be used for placards. Just make the cards from construction paper and write the names on them and glue on to the seashell. They look very elegant and your guests will have a pretty ornament to take home and remember you everytime they look at them.
There are many free Christmas crafts on this site so check them all out.
I'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions or arts and craft tips that you would like to share please contact me and I will share them with everyone else.
Would you like to show the world your favorite craft? It's free and easy. Please click here to make your submission.
Blick Art Materials-You can find all kinds of art and craft supplies here that you can't find anywhere else.
MisterArt.com Discount Art & Craft Supplies--Up to 75% off! MisterArt.com offers a huge selection of discount art supplies and craft supplies
Create More, Spend Less at www.CreateForLess.com We offer over 60,000 brand name craft, sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, candlemaking supplies and more.