Clay pot wind chimes can be made in any size that you want. All you need are 3 to 4 different sizes of pots.
Items you will need for these chimes.
- 3 to 4 clay pots in different sizes.
- Jute (you can also use macrame twine)
- 3/4” to 1” wooden bead.
- Paints of your choice.
- It is best if you paint your pots first. You can free hand a design or use stencils. There are a lot of decals on the market that you can also use. Any craft store will have decals in all different designs. Swans and ducks look really nice on chimes.
- Cut about a yard of jute. Put one end of the jute into the wood bead. Tie a knot and pull the ball down to the bead. Tie another knot about 1 ½’ up from your bead. I usually put a washer on top of the knot because the knot will shrink in time and your pot will slip past the knot.
- Put your smallest clay pot on next. You will have to judge where to put your next pot. It should hang over the smallest pot by about ½”. Keep working up the line with your pots getting bigger. After you have your last clay pot on tie a loop to hang it with. If you have extra jute at this point just cut it off.
I'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions or arts and craft tips that you would like to share please contact me and I will share them with everyone else.
Would you like to show the world your favorite craft? It's free and easy. Please click here to make your submission.
Blick Art Materials-You can find all kinds of art and craft supplies here that you can't find anywhere else.
MisterArt.com Discount Art & Craft Supplies--Up to 75% off! MisterArt.com offers a huge selection of discount art supplies and craft supplies
Create More, Spend Less at www.CreateForLess.com We offer over 60,000 brand name craft, sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, candlemaking supplies and more.