A craft stick snowman is very easy to make and very inexpensive. They add so much character to your Christmas tree. Handmade ornaments are so nice and they can be used year after year.
These little fellows are a very friendly sight! All you need to make them are jumbo craft sticks, felt and ribbon.
This is a great kids craft. They are easy to make and the kids love them. Kids can make some extras to give to their friends or Grandparents.
Just remember to cover your table before they start so that you don't get paint all over.
For Each Snowman You Will Need These Supplies
- Jumbo Craft Stick
- Black felt or black construction paper
- Acrylic paints
- Ribbon for bow
- Floral wire or ribbon for hanging
- Hot glue gun or craft glue
Directions For Making These Ornaments
- Paint the craft stick white. Paint the eyes black and make a black mouth. Paint an orange nose that comes to a point. You can paint black buttons on the snowman if you want.
- Cut a hat out of felt or construction paper and glue on to the top of the craftstick. You can also glue a tiny flower on the hat.
- Tie the ribbon around the neck. You can also use raffia for the bow. I usually put a dab of glue under the ribbon to make sure it stays in place.
- For the hanger; you can use wire or ribbon. Make a loop and glue ends to back of the ornament. If a young child is making this it would probably be best if you used the glue gun or else let them glue it on with tacky glue.
Kids can spend hours making these snowmen. They can make many different designs on them. Make an angle with raffia wings and a little halo. There is no end to the possibilities of what you can do with the craft sticks.
I'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions or arts and craft tips that you would like to share please contact me and I will share them with everyone else.
Would you like to show the world your favorite craft? It's free and easy. Please click here to make your submission.
Blick Art Materials-You can find all kinds of art and craft supplies here that you can't find anywhere else.
MisterArt.com Discount Art & Craft Supplies--Up to 75% off! MisterArt.com offers a huge selection of discount art supplies and craft supplies
Create More, Spend Less at www.CreateForLess.com We offer over 60,000 brand name craft, sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, candlemaking supplies and more.