If you donâ€™t have a stash of buttons you can buy bagfuls of buttons at flea markets, garage sales or thrift stores. Button crafts hold endless possibilities and have great charm. I use them to decorate aprons that I give as gifts plus I also use them on some quilt hangings. Never use them on quilts for small kids because they can pull them off and choke on them.
There are some great ideas to get them out of your jars and drawers. I will try and give you a few ideas of what you can do with buttons.
- Button craft Ideas can be anything from simple to elegant. Attach mother-of-pearl buttons to anything and it becomes quite elegant.
- A woman that is armed with a glue gun and buttons can create many different button crafts.
- Adorn the lapels of your favorite jacket. Remember, if you have a tiny hole or stain on a blouse you can just make a little design with buttons and then you don't have to throw it away.
- Make your own tie backs for curtains. Just sew buttons in a variety of colors and sizes and you now have custom tiebacks.
- Handmade jewelry is so easy to make when you combine buttons, charms or beads to make pins or brooches. You can take an old elegant looking button and attach it to a velvet choker. String buttons on wire to make a necklace or hot glue buttons onto ear posts for that one of a kind jewelry. This is a perfect gift for woman of any age or a young girl!
- Glue colorful buttons on a white lampshade for a very casual look. For a more elegant look, glue mother-of-pearl buttons on a black lampshade. You can put as many buttons on them as you want or else just a few.
- Make small button wreaths and use as Christmas ornaments. Make a loop out of ribbon to hang them with and tie a small ribbon on the top. Kids love making these and they are so simple.
- Napkin rings made with buttons sewn to an inch wide elastic band really can dress up a table. Make place mats with matching buttons finish off your table setting. Sew buttons onto the edge of pillowcases transform them into a decorative sham.
- Hot-glue a small magnet onto the back of unique and colorful buttons to use for hanging important memos or children's artwork on the refrigerator.
Button Craft Ideas Vintage button grapevine wreath.
Make your own button grapevine wreath with that stash of buttons you have hidden away.
Use all of the old buttons you have saved to make whimsical birdhouses.
These Christmas crafts for kids are made with buttons that are shaped into Christmas ornaments.
Craft Ideas I'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions or arts and craft tips that you would like to share please contact me and I will share them with everyone else.
Would you like to show the world your favorite craft? It's free and easy. Please click here to make your submission.
Blick Art Materials-You can find all kinds of art and craft supplies here that you can't find anywhere else.
MisterArt.com Discount Art & Craft Supplies--Up to 75% off! MisterArt.com offers a huge selection of discount art supplies and craft supplies
Create More, Spend Less at www.CreateForLess.com We offer over 60,000 brand name craft, sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, candlemaking supplies and more.