Christmas crafts for kids can be anything from making a Styrofoam snowman to Christmas ornaments made with buttons.
Now is the time to gather all your stray buttons and put them to a good use.
Just about everyone has buttons stashed away somewhere. I have had buttons handed down from my Grandmother and Mother both.
Don’t worry if you don’t have enough buttons because you can get some at thrift stores and craft shops sell them by the bagful.
You can also find some at garage sales. That is where I have found alot of them for my button crafts.
For Each Onrament You Will Need The Following Supplies
- Wire cutters and scissors
- 22 or 24 gauge wire or green floral wire.
- Ribbon of your choice
- Cut a length of wire about 12 inches and make a small loop on one end.
- Thread buttons onto the other end of the wire until you have enough to form a loop. The wreathes pictured here are 2 ½” in diameter.
- Bend the plain end of the wire around the looped end. This will form the wreath. You can cut the extra wire off or else use it to make a hook for hanging.
- You can use the ribbon to make a loop for hanging the wreath. Bring the ribbon around the wire and tie a knot about 3 inches above the wreath. Make a bow and tie around the wire or ribbon.
These kids crafts are very easy for even the youngest to make. For the very young you will have to help with the wire and hooking it together. They enjoy making these Christmas ornaments because each one they make will be unique. The great thing about this craft is the kids are learning a skill that will last them a lifetime.
There are many Christmas crafts for kids to enjoy and have fun with. I have listed some here and I will be adding more so check back ofter.
I'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions or arts and craft tips that you would like to share please contact me and I will share them with everyone else.
Would you like to show the world your favorite craft? It's free and easy. Please click here to make your submission.
Blick Art Materials-You can find all kinds of art and craft supplies here that you can't find anywhere else.
MisterArt.com Discount Art & Craft Supplies--Up to 75% off! MisterArt.com offers a huge selection of discount art supplies and craft supplies
Create More, Spend Less at www.CreateForLess.com We offer over 60,000 brand name craft, sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, candlemaking supplies and more.