I have gathered some floral tips to help you in your projects. Dried flowers have many craft protentials. You can use them for greeting cards as well as scrapbooks.
Some of the floral tips you probably know but there could be some that will help you. If you have tips that are not here and you would like to share them please contact me. I will share them with everyone else.
1. The best tip I can give you is keep a pair of scissors in your purse or bag. This way you are always prepared. You may come across the perfect flower or grass for drying.
2. Hang bouquets upside down in a dark closet - they will dry faster and keep their colors.
3. Dry large amounts of flat flowers by placing them face down in a telephone book. The paper dries them faster and the darkness keeps their colors. I have been using this technique for a lot of years and it is great!
4. Help keep flower arrangements alive longer by mixing a crushed un-coated aspirin in the water.
5. Coat Spanish moss lightly with white glue and place it where you want it. The glue sticks it into place and dries clear.
6. One of the more unconventional ways in which I use pressed flowers is in random flower collages. Once these collages are made they can be cut into squares, rectangles and strips and used in a variety of decorative ways.
7. In just a single day I can collect enough leaves for a lifetime. However, part of the fun is to put strict rules when gathering and each leaf should be examined for a unique quality. I still bring home far to many. I do, however, press them all and now have no need to gather any more for years.
8. Pressed ferns are always beautiful, but it is better to gather and press only the smallest ones as the larger leaves can be rather hard to work with and not as nice.
If you have any questions or craft ideas please contact me and I will add it to my site.
I'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions or arts and craft tips that you would like to share please contact me and I will share them with everyone else.
Would you like to show the world your favorite craft? It's free and easy. Please click here to make your submission.
Blick Art Materials-You can find all kinds of art and craft supplies here that you can't find anywhere else.
MisterArt.com Discount Art & Craft Supplies--Up to 75% off! MisterArt.com offers a huge selection of discount art supplies and craft supplies
Create More, Spend Less at www.CreateForLess.com We offer over 60,000 brand name craft, sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, candlemaking supplies and more.