I will show you how to make beaded earrings. This is a great project for beginning jewelry makers!
Tools you will needChain-nose or round-nose pliers
Findings needed for each pair of earrings
2 ear wires for pierced ears
BeadsYou really have a choice with your beads. There are a variety of different shapes and sizes.
- Different size beads, experiment with different shapes and sizes Mix colors, shapes and finishes
- You can use semiprecious, metal and glass beads
- Make sure you have at least 2 of each bead so that your earrings will match
How To Make Beaded Earrings
Your dangle earrings consist of a headpin with beads placed on it to make a combination of colors and shapes. It should not be too heavy for comfort.
1. Arrange some beads on the head pin. Experiment with different colors and styles. Use spacer beads to break up the colored beads.
2. When you like the design, take the wire cutter and snip off the excess headpin, but leave about a half-inch above the top bead.
3. Now take your pliers in your dominant hand, and hold the headpin and beads in your other hand while pushing down lightly on the top bead so it's out of the way.
4. Grasp the end of the headpin wire tightly with the pliers. Twist your wrist slowly in a circular motion until the end of the headpin forms a small loop. You want to turn a small loop that closes securely so the ear wire won't slip out.
5. Don't worry if your loop is not completely round. It doesn't have to be. When you wear the earring, this loop will be almost invisible.
6. With your pliers in your hand and the ear wire in the other hand, open the loop on the ear wire by moving the pliers in one direction and your other hand in the opposite direction. Open the loop just enough to fit the headpin wire on it. Never pry or pull a loop open -- it is almost impossible to close it properly.
7. Hang the headpin loop on the open ear wire loop.
8. Close the ear wire loop by squeezing it with the pliers to return the loop back to dead center, closing the circle. Test your work to make sure the headpin won't come off the ear wire. That's it! Make another one, and you have your pair!
If you have any questions or any arts and crafts ideas please contact me and I will add it to my site.
I'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions or arts and craft tips that you would like to share please contact me and I will share them with everyone else.
Blick Art Materials-You can find all kinds of art and craft supplies here that you can't find anywhere else.
MisterArt.com Discount Art & Craft Supplies--Up to 75% off! MisterArt.com offers a huge selection of discount art supplies and craft supplies
Create More, Spend Less at www.CreateForLess.com We offer over 60,000 brand name craft, sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, candlemaking supplies and more.