Terra cotta flower pots make a bright and cheery pot for your favorite plants or whatever you want to use them for. I have mine sitting on my patio table with my favorite flowers. In the winter I put artificial flowers or greenery in them so my patio still looks cheery.
You can use just about anything you would like to decorate your terra cotta pots. Try using fabric, wallpaper, wrapping paper, old greeting cards or even making it patriotic. I used seed packets for mine.
You could even use travel brochures that you have picked up in your travels or even places that you would like to go.
There are so many possibilities that you can use to decorate your pot.
For This Crafts Project You Will Need
- Terra-cotta pot
- Mod Podge decoupage medium
- Decorations of your choice
- Scissors with decorative edge
- Sunflower seeds
- Cut out the seed packets with your decorative scissors. Arrange them on the pots in the design you want. Overlap them and some you will need to cut them to fit. Paint the back of the packets with the mod podge and put them on the pot.
- When you have the pot covered with the packets then coat the entire outside with decoupage and let dry.
- Using the decoupage, attach the sunflower seeds. When dry, paint the entire outside with 1 more coat of decoupage and allow to dry. You now have a finished terra cotta flower pot.
Patriotic pots can be done in red, white and blue material with stars and strips.
I hope you have as much fun making these decoupage flower pots as I have. Just go wild and see what you come up with.
I'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions or arts and craft tips that you would like to share please contact me and I will share them with everyone else.
Would you like to show the world your favorite craft? It's free and easy. Please click here to make your submission.
Blick Art Materials-You can find all kinds of art and craft supplies here that you can't find anywhere else.
MisterArt.com Discount Art & Craft Supplies--Up to 75% off! MisterArt.com offers a huge selection of discount art supplies and craft supplies
Create More, Spend Less at www.CreateForLess.com We offer over 60,000 brand name craft, sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, candlemaking supplies and more.